MG1401 TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT
MG 1401 TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Definition of Quality, Dimensions of Quality, Quality Planning, Quality costs - Analysis Techniques for Quality Costs, Basic concepts of Total Quality Management, Historical Review, Principles of TQM, Leadership – Concepts, Role of Senior Management, Quality Council, Quality Statements, Strategic Planning, Deming Philosophy, Barriers to TQM Implementation.
Customer satisfaction – Customer Perception of Quality, Customer Complaints, Service Quality, Customer Retention, Employee Involvement – Motivation, Empowerment, Teams, Recognition and Reward, Performance Appraisal, Benefits, Continuous Process Improvement – Juran Trilogy, PDSA Cycle, 5S, Kaizen, Supplier Partnership – Partnering, sourcing, Supplier Selection, Supplier Rating, Relationship Development, Performance Measures – Basic Concepts, Strategy, Performance Measure.
3STATISTICALPROCESS CONTROL (SPC) 9
The seven tools of quality, Statistical Fundamentals – Measures of central Tendency and Dispersion, Population and Sample, Normal Curve, Control Charts for variables and attributes, Process capability, Concept of six sigma, New seven Management tools.
4. TQM TOOLS 9
Benchmarking – Reasons to Benchmark, Benchmarking Process, Quality Function Deployment (QFD) – House of Quality, QFD Process, Benefits, Taguchi Quality Loss Function, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) – Concept, Improvement Needs, FMEA – Stages of FMEA.
5. QUALITY SYSTEMS 9
Need for ISO 9000 and Other Quality Systems, ISO 9000:2000 Quality System – Elements, Implementation of Quality System, Documentation, Quality Auditing, QS 9000, ISO 14000 – Concept, Requirements and Benefits.
L = 45 Total = 45
1. Dale H.Besterfiled, et al., Total Quality Management, Pearson Education, Inc. 2003. (Indian reprint 2004). ISBN 81-297-0260-6.
1. James R.Evans & William M.Lidsay, The Management and Control of Quality, (5th Edition), South-Western (Thomson Learning), 2002 (ISBN 0-324-06680-5).
2. Feigenbaum.A.V. “Total Quality Management, McGraw Hill, 1991.
3. Oakland.J.S. “Total Quality Management Butterworth – Hcinemann Ltd., Oxford. 1989.
4. Narayana V. and Sreenivasan, N.S. Quality Management – Concepts and Tasks, New Age International 1996.
5. Zeiri. “Total Quality Management for Engineers Wood Head Publishers, 1991.